The 7 Best Deodorants for Excessive Sweating
Added: (Fri Apr 10 2009)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
When I first tried to combat my excessive sweating, I got nowhere. I'd walk into the local pharmacy and buy up every antiperspirant I could find off the rack only to be disappointed with my results days later. It was a painful cycle of trial and error and I remember, after the ninth or tenth brand of deodorant I tried, I started to think there was just no product out there that could solve my sweating.
Anyway, it took some time but I'm here to tell you that there ARE products out there that work. And after much exploration and testing, this article will show you the 7 best deodorants for excessive sweating, giving you fast and effective results.
After all my failures buying up the shelves at my local drugstore, I finally wised up and spoke candidly with my dermatologist about my excessive sweating woes. She told me I suffered from a fairly common condition called Hyperhidrosis. It caused me to sweat uncontrollably from the hands, armpits, face and feet no matter what temperature I was exposed to.
The reason the average store brand deodorants weren't being effective was because they didn't contain enough of the active sweat stopping ingredient, Aluminum Chloride.
This is pretty important for you to know...
Aluminum Chloride is the active ingredient which blocks your pores from sweating profusely.
Although there are numerous options for excessive sweating sufferers, the first one your should learn about is choosing the right deodorant.
Here I'll be giving you the 7 best deodorants for excessive sweating that packed just enough punch to get my perspiration under control. Bear in mind, most of them can be applied to your hands and feet as well as your armpits to minimize the sweating. I also mention specific facial sweating deodorants as well.
1. Certain Dri - This is the weakest of the 7 deodorants in the list. However, it is a crucial first step. You don't want to just grab the strongest antiperspirant off the shelf when you're starting out or you'll end up with irritated skin in no time. Certain Dri contains 12% Aluminum Chloride and is considered clinical strength. It's a great first step when escalating to a stronger solution.
2. Drysol - This prescription strength deodorant usually requires your Dermatologist's approval but there are online stores where you can get it without the inconvenient doctor's note requirement. Drysol contains a whopping 20% Aluminum Chloride and starts working after the first application. It's not like regular deodorant though. You only apply Drysol once a night before bedtime. During the day, you may not want to apply a regular deodorant as irritation can occur with such a powerful topical in place.
3. Deodorite - DeodoRite is a 100% safe and effective internal natural remedy for treating the underlying causes of body odor. The formula has been specially manufactured to improve the elimination of toxins from the body, promote healthy liver functioning and reduce excessive perspiration. It's not a regular topical like most deodorants. You take it orally and it goes to work (Again, safely) regulating the toxins out of your body and decreasing your overall sweating.
4. Maxim Facial Wipes - These are a facial sweating sufferer’s best friend. Maxim wipes are convenient wipes that contain topical deodorant mild enough to apply to your face. Just wipe them all over your face and the astringent goes to work, blocking sweat pores and solving your problem fast. I loved the results using these things.
5. Secure Wipes - If Maxim wipes aren't doing the trick for you, then Secure Wipes are your best bet for facial sweating. They come in degrees of strength with their medicine ranging from 1% - 4%. There are two warnings though with Secure Wipes. First, if you choose too strong a formula, you will have redness, rash and irritation occur. Start with 2% if Maxim Wipes don't work for you and then scale up from there. Secondly, they are a bit more expensive than the Maxim Wipes but you get your money's worth. The results are palpable.
6. Driclor - This is a strong beast of a deodorant. Although it contains the same level of Aluminum Chloride as Drysol (20%), many people claim it dries them out where Drysol won't. Here's a very honest review. The itching, soreness, stinging and dry rash that I got were all terrible. You have to grit your teeth through the discomfort to get the results. That said, it definitely works!
7. Odaban - I saved one of my favorites for last. Odaban is less abrasive than Drysol and Driclor. Plus, you can apply it to your face in small doses. It's a topical that comes in spray for (Drysol and Driclor are roll-on topicals). Somehow, I found that is conditioned my body to stop sweating rather than shocking it into submission. You'll need to use it for a week to feel the optimal effects.
This is really just the Tip of the Iceberg. You NEED to check out the FREE Sweat Tactics video I've posted on my site http://www.Prevent-Sweating.com. It shows you how to stop hand, foot, face and armpit sweating using natural treatments that actually condition your body not to sweat - rather than temporarily block the sweat like the deodorants above. Check out the video right now and end your excessive sweating for good. You're going to love it!