Can’t buy me love…Valentine’s Day in a recession.
Added: (Wed Jan 07 2009)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
DATELINE: NORWELL, MA…
With Valentine’s Day coming in the not-so-distant future, many recession-strapped Valentines are wondering what they can do for their sweetie this year. Especially since fancy dinners at five-star restaurants, bouquets of flowers and treating your Valentine to a day of pampering at spa aren’t exactly in a lot of people’s budgets these days.
Still, according to love expert Paul Falzone, CEO of The Right One and Together Dating--one of the world’s largest brick-and-mortar dating services with more than 50 offices nationwide--just because times might be tough, it doesn’t mean romance must suffer.
“Valentine’s Day is about love and romance. Somehow that got twisted into how much you spend. Nothing could be further from the truth. It’s truly the thought that counts. And if the economy has made people stop and really put some thought into the little things they can do for that special someone in their life on Valentine’s Day, they’re going to be pleasantly surprised both with how little it costs and the results,” says Falzone.
Here are some budget-friendly, thoughtful gestures you might want to try this Valentine’s Day:
● Leave a “racy” picture on your mate’s cell phone.
● Text a romantic message at a time of day when you know things get rather hectic and your sweetie could use a pick-me-up.
● Leave a chocolate or single rose on your Valentine’s pillow.
● Use a bar of soap to draft a love note on your bathroom mirror.
● Eat in for Valentine’s day with candles providing the only light. Better yet, spread out a blanket and have your meal as a picnic on the living room floor—even better if you have a fireplace.
● Instead of a day at the spa, take turns giving each other back rubs.
● Have a glass of your loved one’s favorite drink ready and waiting for them when they get home. If your loved one likes beer or wine, serve it in a frosted glass—unless they prefer it warm.
● Celebrate Valentine’s Day on February 13 or 15 to make it “your holiday” and not one shared with the rest of the world.
● Pick one household chore your Valentine usually does and surprise them by doing it before they get a chance to (e.g. making the bed). It may not sound romantic, but the thought will most certainly count.
“You know, you keep hearing about the doom and gloom of today’s economy, but it actually presents a lot of opportunities. One is to show the person you love how much by using your imagination and not your checkbook. And that, my friends, is the secret to making Valentine’s Day one he or she will always remember,” said Falzone.
Help is on the way
Catering to more than 300,000 members at more than 50 locations throughout North America, The Right One and Together Dating are the largest brick and mortar dating services in the industry, offering a more consistent product, a greater number of potentially compatible mates and added value of flexibility in transferring memberships to another geographic region.
North American locations and affiliates of Together are located in: Georgia (Savannah); Indiana (Ft. Wayne, Carmel, Mishawaka); Kentucky (Lexington, Louisville); Louisiana (Metairie); Maryland (Columbia, Frederick); Minnesota (Edina); Nevada (Reno); New Hampshire (Hooksett, Nashua, Portsmouth and Salem); Ohio (Cincinnati); South Carolina (Greenville); Texas (San Antonio, Beaumont and Houston) and Virginia (Falls Church).
The Right One’s offices and affiliates located throughout the United States include: Arkansas (Bentonville, Fort Smith and Little Rock); California (San Diego); Colorado (Glendale); Georgia (Atlanta); Illinois (Downers Grove, Rockford and Normal); Massachusetts (Norwell, Newton Center, Shrewsbury and Woburn); Michigan (Bingham Farms); Missouri (Springfield and St. Louis); Nebraska (Omaha and Lincoln); New Jersey (Cherry Hill); Nevada (Las Vegas); Oklahoma (Tulsa, Oklahoma City); Pennsylvania (King of Prussia); Rhode Island (Warwick); Tennessee (Memphis and Nashville); Texas (Dallas and Austin); Utah (Salt Lake City); and Wisconsin (Madison, Appleton, Elm Grove).
Singles Station Dating Company, an affiliate of The Right One and Together Dating, is the largest independently owned personal introduction service in the Southwest. In the last 25 years, Singles Station has introduced more than 100,000 couples and is responsible for thousands of successful relationships and marriages. Singles Station Dating Co. has offices conveniently located in Oklahoma (Oklahoma City and Tulsa), Arkansas (Bentonville, Fort Smith and Little Rock), Tennessee (Memphis and Nashville), Missouri (Springfield and St. Louis) and will be opening soon in Kansas (Wichita and Kansas City). For more information about Singles Station, please visit www.singlesstation.com or call 866-807-LOVE(5683).
For more information about Together Dating and The Right One, please visit their websites at www.togetherdating.com and www.therightone.com, or call (800) 818-DATE (3283).