EIGHT FUNDRAISINGS IN A WEEK FOR HALLIWELL LANDAU CORPORATE TEAM
Added: (Fri Dec 01 2000)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
Despite the current uncertain nature of technology stocks, Halliwell Landau is experiencing plenty of activity in the sector, as six of the eight companies the Corporate Department assisted with fundraising transactions last week came from the technology sector.
Head of corporate, Mark Halliwell, comments: “This year’s stock market wobbles have merely indicated a shakeout of the technology sector, with those companies that have a quality product or technology with a real application still attracting investment. This is particularly true of companies in the financial services, biotechnology, media and business infrastructure sectors. We have advised more than 130 transactions this year, with an aggregate deal value in excess of £1.5 billion, and more than half have been in the technology sector. We are also one of the top three legal advisors to OFEX companies in the UK having advised on 11 OFEX transactions in 2000.”
· Hansard Group plc, an investor relations and public relations firm formed in February this year, is looking to raise £570,000 after expenses through a placing of 2.8 million shares at 25p per share and admission to the Alternative Investment Market (AIM), that would see the company capitalised at £2.73 million. Halliwell Landau partner Clive Garston led the team, comprising partner Nigel Brown and assistant solicitor Glenn McDonald. The nominated advisor and broker is Seymour Pierce.
· Netcall plc is looking to raise £4.4 million after expenses through a placing of 6,686,450 new ordinary shares at 70p per share by Brewin Dolphin Securities Ltd and admission to AIM, conditional on shareholder approval. The company develops and markets hi-tech commercial applications, such as electronic customer relationship management systems, through its chief operating subsidiary, NetCall Telecom. Halliwell Landau partner Patrick Heffernan led the team, which included partner Clive Garston and assistant Simon Arthur.
· Your-TV & Radio plc, established to acquire and develop clusters of local TV and radio licenses throughout the UK, is looking to raise approximately £1.1 million through a flotation on of 11,000,000 shares at 10p per share and admission to the OFEX facility that will give the company an estimated market value of £5.1 million following the subscription. Halliwell Landau partner Clive Garston led the team that included senior assistant Philip O’Riordan, while Alfred Henry Corporate Finance Ltd sponsored the transaction. Other advisers included Gerald Edelman as reporting accountants.
· The Interactive Agency plc, the new holding company for a new media agency, is looking to raise approximately £1.5 million through an offer of up 3.3 million shares at 46p per share, and admission to OFEX. Halliwell Landau partner Nigel Brown, and assistant Suzie Goodfellow, acted on behalf of the company and the corporate finance advisers, Acorn Corporate Finance Limited. The reporting accountants were Kingston Smith.
· Halliwell Landau partner Nigel Brown and assistant Dan Cropper acted on behalf of Aquis plc and corporate finance advisers, Acorn Corporate Finance Limited on an offer for subscription of up to 1.2m shares at £1.45 per share, and an application to OFEX. Aquis specialises in the production of consumer oral care products. Baker Tilly was the reporting accountant.
· Acaris Healthcare Solutions plc is developing a disposable consumer device to detect house dustmite allergens specifically designed to help asthmatics control exposure to allergens. Halliwell Landau senior assistant James Sheridan acted on behalf of Acorn Corporate Finance Limited on an offer for subscription of up to 1.8 million ordinary shares in the company at 55p per share. Other advisers were Eversheds as solicitors to the company and Ernst & Young as reporting accountants.
· Halliwell Landau senior assistant Frank Shephard acted on behalf of the corporate finance advisers, Acorn Corporate Finance Limited an offer for subscription of up to 2.3m shares at 60p per share for Yakara plc. The company provides software development services and products specifically for the telecommunications industry. Other advisers included McGrigor Donald, solicitors to the company.
· Think Digital Solutions (Holdings) plc, a developer of proprietary software that enables businesses to store digital assets on a database, and then retrieve, display, transmit or sell them via an intranet or internet connection, is looking to raise £300,000 through a placing of up to 3.75m ordinary shares at 8p per share. The Halliwell Landau team comprised senior assistant Frank Shephard. Acorn Corporate Finance Limited also advised the company, whose auditor is Ford Campbell.
Clive Garston comments: “As a corporate advisory firm, Hansard are fully aware of the benefits that AIM can offer a firm of their size and ambition. The fact that this is the 6th significant AIM transaction our corporate team has advised on this year shows that we fully endorse this view. Hansard will use some of the proceeds to develop its new media communication strategy, which involves using email and the internet to instantly communicate public information to clients and their shareholders. This highly cost-effective service is proving invaluable to its clients in the smaller company sector that otherwise struggle to attract sufficient media and investor exposure.”
Partner Nigel Brown adds: “As a leader in the provision of legal services to new economy companies, we are delighted to help these innovative businesses access vital development capital. The OFEX facility is proving increasingly popular amongst early stage and startup technology companies as an effective way of raising seedcorn capital and a useful first step on the funding ladder.”
For further information contact:
Richard Wynne/Lisa Morton
Roland Dransfield PR
0161 236 1122
Mark Halliwell/Michele Samuels-KochHalliwell Landau
0161 835 3003