Why Should Physicians Prioritize Patient Engagement?
Added: (Wed May 01 2019)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
Providers wanting to improve patient experience and reduce costs should start focusing on patient engagement strategies. Today, more and more patients are demanding greater control over their care procedure. Even the Affordable Care Act has linked reimbursement to performance related to patient experience metrics. In cost reduction, focus on patient engagement can improve efficiency and bring down the overall cost of patient care.
For providers, engagement should include any activity or tool that can be used for engaging patients and get them more involved in their own health care. If a patient is better engaged, it will result in improved health outcomes.
Here are a few facts and figures that prove the importance of patient engagement for practices:
• According to the department of Health and Human Services, engagement of patients and their families in the patients’ healthcare is a vital goal in the EHR incentive program
• Patient engagement has been listed as a core tenet in Meaningful Use too.
• According to a study by Juniper Research, it has been estimated that the global healthcare system can save $36 billion if patients are engaged through remote monitoring technology
Since technology has changed over the years, now there are several ways to engage patients, from patient portal adoption and use of social media to secure messaging and use of other health-related technologies. However, the outcome will depend a lot on the willingness, adaptability and pro activeness of the patients to be engaged.
Some of the quick tips to improve patient engagement at your practice can include:
• Defining a vision for engagement
• Creating work culture that supports more engagement
• Employing the right technology
• Making the patients more informed and empowered
• Charting progress and being ready to adapt changes
Significance of EMR in patient engagement
It is very important for providers to capitalize on a patient’s curiosity about his/her medical records. If they are more involved, it can improve outcomes for many preventable illnesses, including diabetes and heart disease.
• According to a survey done by Accenture, at least 84% consumers in the US armed with smart phones and computers wanted easy access to their EMR. Around 41% respondents were willing to change their doctor if they didn’t get access
Patients also demand transparency and by utilizing the full value of electronic medical records, better collaboration, better outcomes and improved patient doctor partnership can be achieved with ease.
To Know More About@ http://bit.ly/2LhsshL
About 247 Medical Billing Services:
We are a medical billing company that offers ‘24/7 Medical Billing Services’ and support physicians, hospitals, medical institutions and group practices with our end to end medical billing solutions. We help you earn more revenue with our quick and affordable services. Our customized Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) solutions allow physicians to attract additional revenue and reduce administrative burden or losses.
247 Medical Billing Services
Tel: +1 888-502-0537