Preserve Attachment’s Format While Exporting Tasks & Contacts from PST File in Android Apps
Added: (Wed Jan 03 2018)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
What's New in this Release?
Aspose team is pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Email for Android via Java 17.12.0. This month’s release includes an enhancement for preserving attachment’s format while exporting Tasks and Contacts from PST file. It also includes several other improvements in terms of bug fixes that further add to the overall stability of the API. This release introduces the capability to save Outlook item’s attachment format during saving to disc. Attachment MSG formats can now be preserved while exporting Outlook Contacts and Tasks from PST file. This can be achieved using the setPreserveEmbeddedMessageFormat method of EmlSaveOptions to true. This release also includes several improvements in term of bug fixes, such as processing of encrypted messages, Email messages to MHTML, Rendering of hyperlinks to HTML during conversion, Timezone changes during conversion of EML to MSG, Exceptions while converting messages to MSG and ICS, Loss of formatting during messages conversion to XPS. The main features added in this release are listed below
• Task and contact attachments converted to EML
• Processing attached encrypted messages
• HTML data/links not set properly in contact body
• Formatting lost while converting EML to XPS
• Attachments in EML file not detected by API
• MSG to MHTML removes line spaces
• MSG body Text formatting different than the source HTML
• Converting EML to MSG calendar Item shifts date by local time difference
• Outlook raises exception while loading MSG file converted by Aspose.Email
• ICS raises exception while opening fine with MS Outlook Bug
• MapiConversionOptions - add option to ignore picture validation.
• MapiConversionOptions - add option to ignore uri RFC validation
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Email for Android via Java documentation that may guide users briefly how to use Aspose.Email for performing different tasks like the followings.
- Loading EML, Saving to MSG: https://docs.aspose.com/display/emailjava/Loading+and+Saving+Message#LoadingandSavingMessage-LoadingEML,SavingtoMSG
- Saving MailMessage as MHTML: https://docs.aspose.com/display/emailjava/Loading+and+Saving+Message#LoadingandSavingMessage-SavingMailMessageasMHTML
Overview: Aspose.Email for Android via Java
Aspose.Email for Android via Java API enables developers to design Android applications for managing & manipulating Outlook email file formats without using MS Outlook. It provides tools to create, read & convert Outlook MSG, PST, EML, EMLX, OST & MHT file formats. It manages recipients, subject, message body, attachments in MSG documents. It creates & save appointments in draft format, extract & save calendar items from a PST, add Mapi Items such as Messages, Contacts, Notes, Journals & Tasks to a PST.
More about Aspose.Email for Android via Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Email for Android via Java: https://www.aspose.com/products/email/android-java
- Download Aspose.Email for Android via Java: https://downloads.aspose.com/email/androidjava
- Online documentation of Aspose.Email for Android via Java: https://docs.aspose.com/display/emailjava/Home
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066