Aspose.Newsletter March 2018: Add Geographical Data (GIS) & Map Functionality to .NET Apps & More
Added: (Fri Mar 02 2018)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
Aspose Newsletter for March 2018 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases. It includes information about adding Professional Geographical Data (GIS) & Mapping Functionality to any .NET Apps in Minutes, Specify Metafile Format When Exporting Document to HTML or EPUB, add digital signature to PDF in C++ applications, renumber WBS Codes Associated with Tasks in a Project, renumber WBS codes associated with tasks in A project & more.
Add Professional Geographical Data (GIS) and Mapping Functionality to Any Type of .NET Application in Minutes
.NET GIS Developers can manipulate GIS file without requiring any additional tools or software. Aspose.GIS for .NET API enables you to access & manipulate geographic information from vector based geospatial data formats. .NET programmers can read, write and convert most popular GIS file formats such as ESRI Shapefile & GeoJSON from within .NET applications. The GIS API allows you to work with several different geometry types that can further be added as features to Geo files. Download Free Trial: https://downloads.aspose.com/gis/net?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
Specify Metafile Format When Exporting Document to HTML or EPUB
Aspose.Words converts WMF and EMF images into PNG files when exporting to HTML within .NET, Java and Android via Java applications. Other options are to convert meta-files to SVG images or to export them as is without conversion. You can use HtmlSaveOptions.MetafileFormat property to specify meta-file format when exporting document to HTML, MHTML, or EPUB.
Add Digital Signature to PDF in C++ Applications
Aspose.Pdf for C++ adds cryptographic algorithms to the latest version to create digital signatures (RC2, TripleDES, RSAPKCS1SignatureFormatter) on a PDF file. The new API extends System::Security::Cryptography namespace with above classes and improves overall performance of the API to increase efficiency and productivity. Read more details here: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/18/cryptographic-algorithms-and-improved-performance-in-aspose.pdf-for-c/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
Renumber WBS Codes Associated with Tasks in A Project
Aspose.Tasks for .NET API introduces a new feature of renumbering WBS Codes for tasks like Renumber function of Microsoft Project. It also provides an enhancement to get page count from a document for defined start and end dates. Read more details here: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/18/renumber-wbs-codes-with-aspose.tasks-for-.net-18.2/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
Embed Fonts in Word DOCX, DOC and RTF Output Formats within JasperReports
Aspose.Words for JasperReports adds new configuration option EMBED_FONTS in Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.2. By default, value of EMBED_FONTS parameter is false. This means that Aspose Words for JasperReports will not embed fonts into resulting document formats. However, you can enable this option by setting it to true if it is needed to embed fonts into resulting document. Read more details here: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/23/aspose.words-for-jasperreports-18.2/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
How to: Manipulate PDF File Contents and Convert PDF to Excel in Android Apps?
Aspose.PDF for Android via Java adds feature to search and parse simple tables that already exist in PDF document as well as applying gradient color to the graph. Android developers can also convert PDF file to Excel file format using just a few lines of codes within Android applications. Try out fully functional code examples here: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/18/manipulate-content-and-convert-pdf-in-aspose.pdf-for-android-via-java/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
How to: Specify Formula Fields while Importing Data to Excel Worksheet in .NET?
Aspose.Cells for .NET supports to control external resources embedded in the Excel document as well as filtering formulas and defined names separately when loading Excel spreadsheets. .NET programmers can now specify formula fields when importing data into worksheet using ImportTableOptions.IsFormulas. This property takes the Boolean array where the value true means the field is a formula field. Try out fully functional code examples here: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/19/control-external-resources-embedded-in-the-document-filter-defined-names-while-loading-workbook-and-other-enhancements-in-aspose.cells-for-.net-18.2/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
How to: Generating Barcode Image in Vector Format?
Aspose.BarCode now supports saving the generated barcode image in Vector format within JasperReports and Java applications. Two new properties EMF and SVG have been introduced in com.aspose.barcode.BarCodeImageFormat class which can be set before saving barcode image: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/19/generating-barcode-image-in-vector-format/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
How to: Deflate TIFF Images and Convert PSD file to PDF format?
Aspose.Imaging supports for advanced options to work with PSD and TIFF files in .NET and Java applications. Developers can export PSD file to PDF using Image class to load PSD files and conversion to PDF format. Moreover, to load a TIFF image and save that with Deflate compression with Alpha, pass the file path location or stream object to the Image.Load method and cast the object to TiffImage as per requirement: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/23/support-for-improved-gray-scale-and-tiff-rendering-in-aspose.imaging/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
How to: Convert OneNote Documents to HTML in Java?
Aspose.Note for Java introduces support of exporting OneNote data to HTML file format that can further be saved into file on disc as well as output Byte array. Try out fully functional code examples here: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/12/onenote-documents-conversion-to-html-with-aspose.note-for-java-18.1/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
How to: Set Image Quality while Exporting Project Data to JPEG in Java?
Aspose.Tasks for Java allows developers to set image quality while exporting project data to JPEG format. The setJPEGQuality method of ImageSaveOptions lets you achieve this by providing image quality at a scale from 0 to 100. Try out fully functional code examples here: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/02/05/setting-image-quality-of-project-jpeg-with-aspose.tasks-for-java-17.11/?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-mar18&utm_medium=link
Updates about new product releases
1. Aspose.Total for .NET: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/total/net - a compilation of Aspose latest .NET products.
2. Aspose.Total for Java: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/total/java – a compilation of Aspose latest Java products.
3. Aspose.Total for Android: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/total/android – all the latest versions of Aspose Android APIs.
4. Aspose.Total for SharePoint: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/total/sharepoint – a compilation of Asposelatest SharePoint products.
5. Aspose.Total for Reporting Services: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/total/reportingservices – a compilation of our latest Reporting Services products
6. Aspose.Total for JasperReports: http://www.aspose.com/downloads/total/jasperreports – The latest versions of Aspose JasperReports products.
7. Aspose.Total for C++: https://products.aspose.com/total/cpp?utm_source=nl&utm_campaign=nl-dec17&utm_medium=link – The latest versions of our C++ products packaged into one product suite.
8. Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 18.1 – Upgraded Aspose.Words for Reporting Services to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET.
9. Aspose.BarCode for .NET 18.2 – Enhanced process of text rendering has been incorporated in this release.
10. Aspose.Slides for .NET, SharePoint and Reporting Services – Improved support for charts, Images and text while rendering.
11. Aspose.Email for .NET 18.2 – Introduces the capability of Metered Licensing in the API.
12. Aspose.HTML for .NET 18.2 - Support for metered license mechanism for the customers who want to be billed based on the usage of API features.
13. Aspose.Slides for Java and JasperReports 18.1 – Improved text, chart and tables rendering support while exporting to PDF and XPS or TIFF images.
14. Aspose.BarCode for SSRS 18.2 – Enhanced barcode text rendering process.
15. Aspose.HTML for Java 17.12 – Improved Page Splitting Algorithms.
16. Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.1 – Upgraded Aspose.Words for JasperReports to the Latest Version of Aspose.Words for Java.
17. Aspose.HTML for .NET 18.1 – Enhanced support of Scale-able Vector Graphics (SVG) format.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
Aspose is sponsoring a number of user groups and upcoming events, including:
• March 24th: DDD Wales – Swansea – Wales, UK
• May 22 – 23: de:code Japan – Tokyo, Japan
Would you like us to sponsor your user group? Get in contact: email@example.com
Collect a copy of Aspose Newsletter, March 2018 edition
- Collect the English version of this newsletter: https://blog.aspose.com/2018/03/01/add-geographical-data-gis-and-mapping-functionality-in-.net-apps-aspose-newsletter-march-2018/
Aspose Pty Ltd,
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066