UK Events Agency Raises the Stakes for Charity Race Night
Added: (Mon Oct 10 2011)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
The MotivAction Group Raises the Stakes for Charity
UK Events and Communications agency, The MotivAction Group, held a Race Night on Friday October 4th to raise money for charities, Garden House Hospice and Wood Green Animal Shelter. MotivAction staff, families and friends, along with other local businesses, helped raise £1500 at the evening held at Astrium Sports Centre in Stevenage.
The Race Night is one of the numerous popular evening entertainment
activities that The MotivAction Group organise for their corporate clients and
is also considered a fun way to raise money for charities.
The MotivAction Group employees based in Ardeley, near Stevenage, have
arranged and taken part in numerous charity events this year under The
MotivAction Groupís The Sunflower Project which supports our chosen local
charities, Garden House Hospice and Wood Green Animal Shelters.
Fundraising and volunteering events have to date included cake baking, a
Valentineís Day love quiz, raffles, a car wash, volunteering and donations for
the charity shops.
David Buxton, MD of The MotivAction Group said:
ĎThe MotivAction Group has thoroughly enjoyed working with Garden House
Hospice and Wood Green Animal Shelter for this event. These are charities
that provide much needed assistance in vital areas of our community and
who hold a special place in many of our teamís hearts.
We are proud to have raised £1500 with an activity that is so much fun for
everyone involved. Feedback from guests has been excellent. I would like to
thank everyone at MotivAction and from our local businesses who gave their
support in raising money for these worthy causes.í
The MotivAction Groupís Sunflower Project has committed to further
fundraising events in 2011.
For more information please contact:
Aurora Harley, Marketing Manager
01438 861 821 email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
1. The MotivAction Group is a leading corporate events, team building and experiential marketing agency dedicated to inspiring people through motivation, communication and events. For more information on the company please visit www.motivaction.co.uk, www.brandexperiences.co.uk and www.direct.motivaction.co.uk .
2. The MotivAction Group take sustainability and community responsibility seriously. Please visit www.motivaction.co.uk for more information on our sustainability policy.
3. Wood Green Animal Shelter: A charity with shelters in Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and London whose mission is to Ďto take in unwanted and lost animals, provide shelter and care, find secure and loving homes, provide advice, support and guidance for pet owners and increase the publicís awareness of its responsibility towards animals in society. They also
offer temporary fostering facilities for families in certain circumstances. In private homes, the circumstances in which we can currently help are;-
* For families that need to flee their home due to domestic violence (up to six months).
* For owners that need to go into hospital and have no friends or family that can assist (up to two months).
For more information please visit: http://www.woodgreen.org.uk/
4. Garden House Hospice: Garden House is a registered charity offering hospice care and support to patients from the community with a terminal diagnosis,situated in Letchworth Garden City, the Garden House Hospice was opened in June 1990 and serves the communities of Baldock, Hitchin, Letchworth, Royston, Stevenage & the surrounding villages
of North Hertfordshire.
Volunteers play an enormous part in helping the Hospice to run smoothly and efficiently, giving their time freely working as part of the multi-disciplinary team and in support of fundraising activities.Services are offered free of charge to patients and families needing the
support of Garden House.
For more information please visit: http://www.ghhospice.co.uk/