On Course to Make a Difference - Drinks Industry Training Company Gives 25% to Charity
Added: (Sat Jan 09 2010)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is delighted that drinks industry sales and customer service training company Varda Kreuz, has committed to raise vital funds aiding their groundbreaking gene therapy research to find an effective treatment for Cystic Fibrosis.
Varda Kreuz Training will be donating 25% of their invoice price for all courses or workshops booked using the special promotional code - CFT1705 - to coincide with the announcement that they are to launch a new set of training programmes with the On Trade Sales Academy and the imminent release of its first publication the On Trade Academy Field Sales Handbook.
Chris Murray, of Varda Kreuz Training, says: “From my time looking after teams within the wine and spirit industry, I was fully aware of how difficult it was to find a sales training organisation who completely understood the drinks industry in general and specifically the on-trade sector, so we are very excited to have the opportunity to launch our new initiative while giving something back to such a fabulous charity.”
Natalie Paintin, Regional Fundraising Manager for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, says: “We are delighted that Varda Kreuz Training has committed to support the Cystic Fibrosis Trust, especially in this difficult economic climate. All funds donated by Varda Kreuz Training will go towards our groundbreaking gene therapy research to find an effective treatment for CF, as well as helping to ensure that those with CF carry on receiving the very best possible care, treatment and support.’
To further celebrate the initiative, Varda Kreuz Training will be giving away their ‘On Trade Academy Field Sales Handbook’ as a free download before its official release later this year by logging on to either www.drinks-industry-sales-training.co.uk or www.on-trade-academy.co.uk
For further information on the selection of courses available, contact Varda Kreuz Training on 0161 935 8183, email email@example.com or visit www.drinks-industry-sales-training.co.uk
When enquiring about or booking a course, please quote promotional code CFT1705. For further information on the Cystic Fibrosis Trust please visit www.cftrust.org.uk
- ENDS -
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Chris Murray – 0161 935 8183, firstname.lastname@example.org
Natalie Paintin – 0845 859 1064, email@example.com
Notes to Editors
• The Cystic Fibrosis Trust is the UK’s only national charity dealing with all aspects of Cystic Fibrosis (CF). It funds research to treat and cure CF and aims to ensure appropriate clinical care and support for people with Cystic Fibrosis.
• Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is the UK’s most common life-threatening inherited disease. Cystic Fibrosis is caused by a single defective gene. As a result, the internal organs, especially the lungs and digestive system, become clogged with thick sticky mucus resulting in chronic infections and inflammation in the lungs and difficulty digesting food.
• Each week five babies are born with Cystic Fibrosis and three young people die – 90% from lung damage. Around half of the CF population can expect to live over 35 years, although improvements in treatments mean a baby born today is expected to live even longer.
• Further information can be found on our website www.cftrust.org.uk. Help and advice for those affected by Cystic Fibrosis is available through our Helpline on 0845 859 1000. For further information, media should contact Gemma Foy on 0208 290 7912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Varda Kreuz Training and Chris Murray - Author and consultant, Chris Murray is the founder of Varda Kreuz Training in Manchester, one of the UK's most innovative sales training and development organisations, specialising in drinks industry sales training.
• With more than twenty years experience working with companies which have included, LVMH, Minolta, SOPEXA and Jim Beam Brands, Chris has presented programmes to sales teams and managers whose portfolios have encompassed everything from water to Champagne.