Fergus Bailie takes over as new Chief Executive at CDS
Added: (Wed Jan 19 2011)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
In January 2011 Corporate Document Services Ltd (CDS) announced that Fergus Bailie will take over as the company’s new Chief Executive. He replaces Ian Southall who moves to a new role in CDS’ parent company The Baird Group, exploring European opportunities for CDS expansion.
“It’s with a huge sense of pride that I take over as CDS’ Chief Executive. I am extremely excited about the challenges that lie ahead in 2011 and beyond,” said Mr Bailie.
“I have inherited a great team to work with at every level of our organisation. I know from my experience working with the CDS Board that we are all fully committed to doing our utmost to ensure that CDS continues to be a leading player in the communications industry, and that we will build on that position by maintaining excellent relationships with our existing clients whilst also seeking to gain new clients and enter new markets with new products and services,” said Mr Bailie.
CDS offers a wide range of end-to-end information and communication solutions. The company has four business areas, Internet, Creative, Print, and Defence Support. Each benefit from the company’s overarching brand and ethos for delivering practical, cost-effective, environmentally sustainable business solutions that increase efficiency and improve productivity. CDS provides software applications, online solutions, editorial services, graphic design and print management and logistics to medium and large organisations. The company also offers specialist technical publications and engineering support to the defence sector.
Clients include the London 2012 Olympic Games, Ministry of Defence, Highways Agency, General Dynamics, Lockheed Martin, UK Commission for Employment and Skills and numerous Local Authorities across the UK.
Prior to joining CDS in 2006 as Commercial Director, Mr Bailie worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers. He has a law degree and is a Chartered Accountant. He spent time in the USA where he attended Columbia Business School. He is also a director on the board of Newspress Ltd.
If you would like to know more about CDS and Mr Bailie please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 399 4020.
Corporate Document Services (CDS) key facts
• established in 1994
• offers a full corporate communication and publishing service – seamlessly integrating creative, print and logistics, and online and software solutions
• has four specialist business areas – Creative Services, Print & Logistics Services, Internet Services and Defence Support
• acquired by W&G Baird Holdings Ltd (now known as The Baird Group) in 2000
• employs over 200 and has a £27m turnover
• has offices in Aylesbury, Belfast, Chelmsford, Cheltenham, Chichester, Kingston-upon-Thames, Leeds, London, Norwich, Northampton and Sutton
• ranked 2nd largest digital agency and 6th largest design for print agency in the UK 2010 Design Week Top 100 survey (based on fee earning)
• main client base is the public sector but also a number of private sector clients – typically large, complex, multi-site organisations
• operates ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System), ISO 27001 (Information Security) and BS OHSAS 18001 (Health and Safety Management System)