Cannabidiol: The Ingredient In Cbd Products That The USA Says Works
Added: (Wed Jun 12 2019)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
CBD, or Cannabidiol, is a Phyto-cannabinoid which was discovered in 1940 and is one of over 100 different cannabinoids found in the cannabis and hemp plants. CBD can be taken orally, through inhalation and topically. CBD is not psychoactive like its sister Cannabinoid THC. This means it doesn’t get you high. In fact, Cannabidiol is currently used as the active ingredient in the drug Epidiolex which is approved by the FDA to treat two different epilepsy disorders.
The History of CBD
CBD has been around since the early part of this century and was brought to the public eye when CNN featured a hemp and CBD oil company name Charlotte’s Web who saw personal success from their CBD oil to fight seizures. Since then over half of the states in the USA have passed medical cannabis laws that allow people to take CBD with the recommendation of a doctor. In more recent years, CBD Oils has become readily available on almost every corner in gas stations, head shops, vape stores, smoke shops and even doctors’ offices and grocery stores.
CBD is getting so big that CBD and Hemp Conventions are popping up across the country selling out and bringing record crowds. CBD is finding itself in almost every industry and product type, especially the food industry. Cannabidiol is being infused in soft drinks, milk, candy chocolates, gummies and more.
How does CBD work so well?
Studies show CBD has an extremely low affinity for the human bodies CB2 and CB1 receptors. It appears to operate as a receptor agonist which means that it blocks a biological response by binding to a receptor instead of provoking the bodies response, similar to THC.
The human body produces its own endocannabinoids such as anandamide, 2-arachidonoylglycerol (2-ag) and noladin ether. It also makes a protein called GPR55 which is activated by the introduction of CBD into the body. GPR55 is found in the brain.
As you consume CBD, it activates 2-ag which then slows the deterioration of the other endocannabinoid anandamide. CBD also inhibits FAAH (fatty acid amide hydrolase). These increase the natural levels of endocannabinoids in the human body along with the natural levels of THC.
CBD can also function as a 5-HT1A receptor agonist which is a subtype of 5-HT receptor which binds the neurotransmitter serotonin explaining why CBD has be reported to help with depression and anxiety.
Most impressive, CBD indirectly influences u-opiod and opioid receptors helping explain why cannabis has in some cases been found effective as a replacement for opiod based pain killers.
What are the benefits and effects of CBD?
The studies are still out and new potential applications are popping up daily. The following are some effects of CBD that have been reported from individuals taking CBD. These do not apply to every person and are simply a summary of testimonial and should not be considered medical advice.
• CBD may be an anticonvulsant. GW Pharmaceuticals has brought to market its high-CBD called Epidiolex as its medication for epilepsy, Dravet syndrome as well as general seizures.
• It can operate like an antipsychotic and can be used instead of antipsychotics prescribed for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), severe depression, eating disorders and schizophrenia.
• Cannabidiol can be neuroprotective and protect brain cells from the toxicity of glutamate. Studies are currently ongoing to see the usefulness for Parkinson’s disease and stroke. These effects can also help grow new brain cells (neurogenesis).
• Several studies show cannabinoids may reduce inflammation by down-regulating chemokine and cytokine production, and upregulating T-regulatory cells.
• CBD acts as an antidepressant by working on the serotonin receptor 5-HT1A.
CBD’s main benefit is that it can work for several conditions and seems to benefit the majority of people that try it in some way or another.
For More Information Visit : https://anocbd.com/