Herbicides Market Driven Disrupted By Organic Wave
Added: (Thu Mar 28 2019)
Pressbox (Press Release) -
Herbicides Market: Demand Analysis and Growth Forecast
As per the findings of a newly published market research report by IndustryARC, the global herbicides market size was around $30 billion in 2018, and the demand is projected to grow at a notable CAGR of around 8% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2025. Herbicides are regularly known as weedkillers that are used to eliminate unwanted plants in the farming areas. The increasing need for agricultural plants production, adoption of better farming practices, and technological advancements are some of the major factors driving the growth of the herbicides market.
The report is titled “Herbicides Market: by selectivity (selective, non selective); by time of application (pre plant, pre emergence, post emergence); by method of application ( foliar, soil); by mode of action (contact, trans located); by molecular nature(organic, inorganic); by formulation(emulsifiable concentrate, wettable powder, granules, water soluble concentrate); by chemical nature(lipid synthesis inhibitor ,amino acid synthesis inhibitors ,growth regulators , photosynthesis inhibitor, nitrogen metabolism inhibitor, pigment inhibitor, cell membrane disrupter, seedling root growth inhibitor, others); by industry (agriculture, landscaping, golf course, forestry, others); by geography – forecast (2019-2025)”.
Herbicides play an important role in preventing grasslands free from board leaf vegetation. Additionally, rapid growth in the usage of organic herbicides in a variety of crops such as rye, buckwheat, and oilseed radish is driving the herbicides market. Organic herbicides and soil amendments are highly used for keeping the soil healthy, which is an important aspect of weed control. Organic herbicides focus only on the connected tissue it; thus good coverage is essential. Using green sprayer can reduce the amount of material and the overall cost required in the application of herbicides.
Herbicides Market: Leading Segments
APAC is estimated as the key region for the growth, with a maximum share of 40% during the forecast period. Rice is the staple food, and over 90% of the world’s rice is produced and consumed in this region. With growing per capita rice consumption, the cultivation of paddy has started increasing, which in turn positively impacts the herbicides market in this region. Analyst of the report says that the agriculture industry is dominating among other industries such as landscaping, golf course, and forestry. The segment is estimated to grow with a good CAGR around 5% during the forecast period 2019-2025. The butachlor and glyphosate were the highest consumed herbicides with the rate of around 6032 tons, and 6003 tons respectively in Indian Agriculture.
Herbicides Market: Trends
• Widespread adoption of the genetically-engineered herbicide-tolerant (HT) crops using conventional plant breeding technology. According to a recent USDA report, the use of herbicides on genetic engineering (GE) corn is increased when compared to non-GE corn. Corn production in 2018 is forecasted at 14.8 billion bushels, with an increment of 2% from 2017.
• Increase in the adoption of layer residual herbicides to spread weed control. Globally, farmers are adopting layer, and residual herbicides to control hard weeds which propagate throughout the growing seasons such as Palmer amaranth, and waterhemp.
• In American agriculture 93% of soybeans, 82% of cotton, and 85% of corn are cultivated to be glyphosate resistant. This large growth of glyphosate-resistant crops has led to an increase in herbicide use, and superweeds which in turn is growing the demand for weedkillers in the herbicides market.
• Computer and robotic technology are helping in making mechanical weed control more efficient and effective. Farmers use GPS systems to guide their equipment down crop rows, and sensors can even distinguish between vegetable plants and weeds.
Herbicides Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the major players operating in the herbicides market are BASF, Bayer AG, Dow Agriscience LLC, and Syngenta AG. Dow Agro Sciences recently received federal registration from the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA) for Elevore herbicide, which can be applied 14 days before planting in soybeans and corn. Elevore is a tank mix compatibility solution commonly used as a burndown and residual partners, along with 2, 4-D and glyphosate, for controlling the many broadleaf weeds, including marestail.
View Full Table of Contents of Herbicides Market :
A. Soil Active Herbicides Market
B. Seed Treatment Market
What can you expect from the report?
The Herbicides Market is Prepared with the Main Agenda to Cover the following 20 points:
1. Herbicides Market Size by Product Categories & Application
2. Herbicides Market trends & Relevant Market Data
3. Manufacturer Landscape
4. Distributor Landscape
5. Pricing Analysis
6. Top 10 End-user Analysis
7. Product Benchmarking
8. Product Developments
9. Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
10. Patent Analysis
11. Herbicides Market Demand Analysis (Revenue & Volume)
12. Country-level Analysis
13. Competitor Analysis
14. Herbicides Market Shares Analysis
15. Value Chain Analysis
16. Supply Chain Analysis
17. Herbicides Market Strategic Analysis
18. Herbicides Market Current & Future Market Landscape Analysis
19. Opportunity Analysis
20. Herbicides Market Revenue and Volume Analysis
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Does IndustryARC provide customized reports and charge additionally for limited customization?
Response: Yes, we can customize the report by extracting data from our database of reports and annual subscription databases. We can provide the following free customization:
1. Increase the level of data in the application or end-user industry.
2. Increase the number of countries in geography chapter.
3. Find out market shares for other smaller companies or companies which are of interest to you.
4. Company profiles can be requested based on your interest.
5. Patent analysis, pricing, product analysis, product benchmarking, value and supply chain analysis can be requested for a country or end-use segment.
Any other custom requirements can be discussed with our team, drop an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss more about our consulting services.
Talk to one of our sales representative about the full report by providing your details in the link below:
About IndustryARC: IndustryARC is a Research and Consulting Firm that publishes more than 500 reports annually, in various industries such as Agriculture, Automotive, Automation & Instrumentation, Chemicals and Materials, Energy and Power, Electronics, Food and Beverages, Information Technology, and Life sciences and Healthcare.